Mastering Power BI DAX Calculations
HOW TO BUILD ADVANCED ANALYSIS AND CALCULATIONS BY COMBINING ADVANCED TECHNIQUES IN POWER BI DAX FORMULA LANGUAGE
ABOUT THIS COURSE
If you have beginner knowledge in DAX and if you would like to become a PRO DAX user by enhancing your DAX knowledge this course is for you.
You will learn how to perform Advanced measure branching in-order to achieve Master DAX Analytics solutions for your Reporting work. You will Learn how to think like DAX and achieve wonders in your Journey of DAX.
THE COURSE OUTCOME
Upon Successfully completion of this course you will learn how,
- The DAX engine actually works,
- What is the Evaluation Context and Hoe to modify it?
- What are the Advanced Table Functions?
- How to Perform Measure branching in order to perform Advanced Analytics Solutions?
- What is the Time Intelligence Functions?
- How to Virtually make Relationships between Tables?
- How to use the full Power OF DAX Language
- Anyone looking to become a pro user in DAX Calculations
- Financials Analyst, Finance Mangers, Business Analyst and anyone who works with Data
- Anyone who would like to WOW your consumers by providing Advanced Analytics solutions
What is DAX
- DAX formula reference from SQL BI (www.daxguide.com)
- What is DAX?
- What is the best way to learn DAX?
- How to think like DAX
- Different Data types and Main Operators in DAX
- Formula syntax for DAX
- Formatting DAX code
- How to add comments to your DAX code
- Best Practices in DAX journey
Introduction to DAX
- Difference between DAX measures and Calculated Column
- Common DAX functions
- Introduction to Aggregation Functions
- Introduction to Iteration Functions
- Introduction to Table functions
- CALCULATE function
Getting started with DAX
- What is the Evaluation Context?
- What is Filter Context
- What is Row Context
- What is Context Transition
- Filter Propagation
- What is a calculated Column?
- Basic Aggregation Functions – SUM/AVERAGE/MIN/MAX
- Basic Stat Functions – COUNT/COUNTA/COUNTROWS/COUNTBLANK
- Iterator Functions – SUMX/AVERAGEX/MINX/MAXX
- How Filter and Row context work with relationships
- ISFILTERED / ISCROSSFILTERED
- RELATED function
The Most Important Function in DAX
- What is CALCULATE?
- When to use CALCULATE?
- CALCULATE with ALL
- CALCULATE with FILTER
- CALCULATE with ALL SELECTED
- Context transition with CALCULATE
In Depth Guide to Table Functions & Measure Branching Concept
- What are Table functions
Time Intelligence Functions
- What are time intelligence functions?
- How to make your Date Table
- How to mark as a Date Table
- Best Time Intelligence Function DATEADD
- Aggregations – YTD, QTD, MTD
- Time comparisons – SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR, PARALLELPERIOD, PREVIOUSMONTH
- Information – OPENINGBALANCEMONTH, STARTOFMONTH, ENDOFYEAR
DAX Bonus Functions